Kodi is now the actual name of XBMC. It’s an open and free source digital media player, which needs addons and builds to bring you the best viewing experience. It’s necessary to update Kodi if you want to take advantage of the new services and features. What is the latest version of kodi? 18.3 it is!
So, How to update Kodi 17.6 on FireStick?
Wait, only FireStick? No!
In this guide, we’ve covered all devices such as Android, Windows, FireStick, etc. Now, if you’re living in the UK, then huge chances are there that you fall into legal issues for streaming through Kodi.
So, I highly recommend a good VPN not only to those who are living in the UK but to every single person reading this guide.
After updating Kodi, you will surely be able to explore more.
Now some of you might not feel comfortable with a given method. So, I have provided several methods to update Kodi.
Shall we begin?
- 1 How to Update Kodi
- 1.1 How to update Kodi (18 Leia) on FireStick through the Downloader App
- 1.2 How to update Kodi 18.2 On FireStick through ES File Explorer
- 1.3 How to update Kodi through AppStarter
- 1.4 How to update Kodi on FireStick through Sideloading
- 1.5 How to Kodi by using Kodi
- 1.6 How to update your Kodi on Android Box
- 1.7 How to update Kodi on Android Device
- 1.8 How to update Kodi on MAC
- 1.9 How to update your Kodi on Raspberry Pi
- 1.10 Updating Kodi on Android through Google Play Store
- 1.11 How to Update Kodi: The conclusion
How to Update Kodi
The four varieties of methods which one can adopt to update Kodi on Firestick are updating via downloader app, through ES File Explorer, using kodi itsel, and the final method is updating through Sideload.
Amazon FireSticks allows installation of a VPN service on it for ensuring high-level security when you are straming Kodi content.
So now, let’s begin our guide for achieving the latest Kodi version.
How to update Kodi (18 Leia) on FireStick through the Downloader App
Now we’ll know Kodi update on Firestick. Firstly, enable the “apps from unknown sources” and then only you can move further. If you start following my guide before doing that, then it will be wastage of time.
For doing this, go to the settings after turning ON your FireStick/ Fire TV. then go to system and look for the developer’s option. Then after reaching there, follow the steps below:
- Tap the search bar, which is at the top of the screen of your device.
- Enter “Downloader” on that search bar.
- You’ll have to find the Downloader app and after that, download it.
- Complete the installation of the Downloader app.
- Open it and enter the URL https://kodi.tv/download.
- Scroll down the options that indicate “Android” and tap it.
- A box will open up. On the top of the screen, a recommended tab will appear, which you have to click.
- “ARMV8A (64-bit)” and “ARMV7A (32-bit)” are the two options that you’ll see. Click either of them.
- Then the actual download will start. You have completed Kodi FireStick update.
How to update Kodi 18.2 On FireStick through ES File Explorer
- Reach the main menu after turning on your AmazonFireStick.
- Then go to “Search.” Type “ES File Explorer” there.
- Tap on “Tools” and then tap the “File manager” (you’ll generally see it in the screen menu on the left side).
- You’ll see a “+New” option there that you’ll find near the bottom of the menu which is shown.
- Then your device will ask you the path.
- For moving further, enter the URL http://bit.ly/Kodi-18.3-Krypton-APK.
- Click OK and name the new Kodi path as per desire.
- Then tap “download now” option. Now, the downloading will start.
- Then tap “Open file” when the downloading process completes.
- Then the installation process should start.
- Return to the FireStick menu on its home screen and finally launch the new version of Kodi, which is 18.3 Leia.
- Now you are free to reap advantages of the updated Kodi.
How to update Kodi through AppStarter
The AppStarter method has turned up as the most adopted methods nowadays for updating Kodi. You need the App starter app, and if you don’t know how to get AppSarter, then keep following the steps:
For adding AppStarter to your Amazon FireStick, simply use the ES File Explorer. Launch it after downloading it and then update your FireStick with Kodi’s new version. You need to make sure that the Kodi app has perfectly restored your addon library once you have adopted this method to update Kodi.
How to update Kodi on FireStick through Sideloading
Now we’ll achieve the latest Kodi update throught the sideload method. However, sideloading isn’t the most adopted method, as it includes some extra steps, and the overall process is just a bit longer than other methods. No matter a bit long, but at least the steps are pretty simple! I highly recommend the sideload method to update Kodi. Have a look.
- Open your Android smartphone and select the app Google Play Store.
- Then install Kodi krypton.
- Now install the official Apps2Fire app, which you can easily find on the Google Play Store.
- Now open the home page of your Amazon FireStick and then tap on the “settings” options.
- Then further, you have to tap on “Network.”
- Now after you’ve done that, simply note down your Amazon FireStick’s IP address. You will require this info later for completing the steps. I know it might sound a bit like old-fashioned, but I recommend you to use a paper and pencil to note it down, for avoiding switching among apps later on.
- Now reach the Android phone’s home screen and tap on Apps2Fire application.
- Click on the “set up.”
- Enter your Amazon FireStick’s address which I recommended to write down just a short while before.
- Now tap on “Local apps.”
- A list will appear on which you have to find “Kodi.” Click after you find it.
- Now tap the “Install” button.
- You will be able to successfully transfer Kodi to your FireStick.
- Further, on the Amazon fireStick, reach the app list and then tap “Kodi.”
- Now from there, launch the update for your Kodi.
How to Kodi by using Kodi
That might sound confusing, but for achieving Kodi latest version actually, this is also away!
- Go to your Amazon FireStick primary menu and from that point click on the thing that takes you to Settings. At that point you have to pick the option that says Applications.
- From that point onward, you have to click on the option that says Manage Installed Applications. When you have done, you should pick the option that says Select and Open Kodi.
- Further, you should initially dispatch Kodi and after that, click on the menu thing that says Add-ons.
- Now you should pick the icon close to the highest point of the screen (marginally on the left-hand side) which comes in the state of an open box called Package Installer.
- Once you are done with the past advance, you have to pick the option that says Install from Repository.
- From that point, you have to look down a smidgen to pick the option that says Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Now you ought to go to the option that says Program Add-ons.
- And afterward, look over a tad to locate the authority Kodi Android Installer.
- Once you found it, you should click it, and after that, hit the button that says Install.
- If you have pursued every one of the means appropriately, you should see a notification springing up close to the upper right corner of the screen.
The instruction ahead might seem intricate to a few, so please pay close attention.
- This is Kodi’s method for notifying the client if it has figured out how to install the client’s ideal Kodi add-on effectively.
- In this progression, you have to advance back to the Kodi home screen and afterward click on Add-ons. Now, you should click on the option that says Program Add-ons.
- And afterward, you should click on the option that says Android Installer. Further, you have to open up the Android Installer.
- You’ll see the Android installer giving you various different options. A portion of those options is, Test-Builds, Depictions, Discharges, and Daily. We need you to tap on Releases.
- At that point, you have to pick the option that says Arm Kodi Release. Now you should choose Kodi-17.6-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk.
- Once you do as such, Kodi should start the installation for the better Kodi version 17.6 naturally. Once Kodi finishes the download procedure, a dialogue box is visible.
- It will show up most likely in the focal point of your screen, and it will approach you for permission to feel free to install the related Kodi update.
- Presently since you need to update your Kodi version, you should click on the button that says Install. From that point, you ought to permit Kodi to complete the download procedure.
- Once it is done, you should open Kodi and afterward start to make the most of your Amazon FireStick update.
Presently, if you feel that some way or another you haven’t figured out how to get Kodi chipping away at your Amazon FireStick through no shortcoming of your own then your best option is to rehash the means that we have mentioned previously.
How to update your Kodi on Android Box
- In the first place, you have to launch the home screen of your Android Box.
- After that, go to the Apps menu. From that point, you have to tap on the official Browser App.
- After that, you have to compose the accompanying URL: https://kodi.tv/download.
- When that is done, you have to look down a tad so as to choose the option that says Android.
- From that point, the gadget ought to inquire as to whether you proceed with the installation of Kodi 17.6 either on ARMV7A or Google Play.
- You have to choose the ARMV7A alternative here.
- Presently, the gadget will inquire as to whether you might want to download Kodi utilizing the ES Downloader or Browser.
- Here you have to choose the choice that says ES Downloader, and from that point, the download procedure should begin.
- When your gadget has downloaded the application and has completed that procedure, you have to close your gadget’s Browser application.
- Now, advance toward the Android Box fundamental menu on the home screen.
- From that point, you should tap on the alternative that says Apps and after that, select the choice that says AppInstalle application.
- If you have done everything incorrect manner, you should see a container opening up with will approach the client for his/her consent to install in either ScanDisk SD Card or side Disk.
- You have to choose the alternative that says Local Disk here. Presently you ought to have no issue in finding the Kodi Android application in your rundown of applications.
- Click it after you find it.
- At that point, the gadget should demonstrate to you a new page advising the proceeding with the installation procedure of the new version would adequately supplant the current Kodi version.
- It will likewise advise the client that the information on the gadget will remain unblemished and safe.
- You have to tap the All alternative here and afterward press the catch that says Install.
- When you have finally figured out how to install the application, you should tap on Open and after that see with your own eyes that you have the most recent version of Kodi.
- That could be 17.6 or Leia 18.2, relying upon where you were from the outset.
How to update Kodi on Android Device
Numerous individuals use Kodi on Android as it’s an astounding method to keep up and expend music and video content. Fortunately, the procedure for refreshing Kodi on this stage is direct. If you have your applications set to auto-update, which we, for the most part, prescribe, at that point maybe you are running the newest version of Kodi already.
If you want to physically refresh the app on your android, you can without much of a stretch install Kodi gadget, and then you’ll have to open the Google Play Store application, then search for Kodi. And after that tap the update catch. Whatever you do, don’t erase the application and attempt re-downloading it. It’ll wipe any settings as well as addons you downloaded.
How to update Kodi on MAC
The procedure to Kodi update on Mac is like that of Windows. Pursue the means featured underneath:
Updating Kodi on Mac is as simple as refreshing it on Windows. You can, without any hassle, install Kodi refreshes by means of its site on to your Mac. Pursue these basic advances:
- Open Safari and then visit www.kodi.tv/downloads.
- Look down and click on MacOS icon.
- Another window will spring up, click on Installer (64Bit) to begin the download.
- Once downloading is complete, open the record.
- At long last, click Install.
- Install Kodi and appreciate streaming media on Mac.
How to update your Kodi on Raspberry Pi
- Visit http://openelec.tv first of all on Raspberry Pi program. Look down and click on Download
- Then click on Raspberry Pi Builds. Select Raspberry to build perfectly with your Raspberry Pi generation for downloading the Zip File.
- Extract the Zip File on the Raspberry Pi.
- Presently Copy separated documents to a smaller scale SD card. To do that, you require a software known as Rufus to make bootable USB drives. Once Rufus is downloaded, a case will show up provoking you to enter the essential information.
- Select your Micro SD card from gadget option. Select Disk image on the case.
- Presently Browse and upload the removed document you earlier copied on your SD Card
- Hit the Start button and for replacing the files.
- Launch the SD card and then add it into Raspberry Pi gadget. Turned ON your Raspberry Pi gadget. Kodi is presently updated on your Raspberry Pi gadget.
Updating Kodi on Android through Google Play Store
This is the most straightforward strategy for them all.
- Take your smartphone gadget and afterward tap on the option that says Google Play Store.
- At that point, you have to search for the option that says Kodi.
- From that point onward, the gadget will indicate you Kodi version 18.2. Click on Update.
- Presently, your gadget will overwrite the present edition of Kodi on your function. That is it.
How to Update Kodi: The conclusion
It is true that with the evolving technology, you always get evolving ways to explore the technology the best way. The same thing is with Kodi. Kodi has updated and provide you a wider range of features.
In the beginning, most of the people were unfamiliar with the steps regarding how to update Kodi on which device. It’s also true that most of the guides regarding Kodi update that you find don’t provide knowledge and guidance about all the devices.
We have successfully covered all sorts of devices to make sure that every single reader gets the solution. I know these steps aren’t a breeze but aren’t tough to frustrate either. Make sure you don’t try anything fancy between the steps or apply guesswork.
If you complete the steps the same way I have indicated, then any of the processes won’t take over ten minutes even!
And who knows that in the future, even methods get available? So, what are you waiting for? Explore Kodi to the deepest.