How to connect PS4 to laptop screen or PC or a smartphone? In this article, you will get some unique solutions that will allow you to connect PS4 to your e-device and enjoy the gaming experience. Since Sony launched PS4 (PlayStation 4) in 2013, it has been an unbeatable gaming console. No other gaming gadgets are as useful as PS4.
Gamers love to play games on PS4 because it provides high video quality and high quality of video and audio gaming. Gamers are habituated to play high-quality games, so they don’t prefer other gaming devices than PS4. First, when PS4 was made available in the market, it was seen that PS4 could only work when connected to your High Definition Television.
Imagine that you have invited your friends to play a game match at your home and your TV is not free. This situation did not have a solution earlier. But now it is made possible. You can connect PS4 to device screen, PC, smartphone, etc. Sony made an easy way for all the gamers that they can use PS4 on any device.
To know more about the solutions to connect PS4 to any device through Remote Play and many more fixes, keep reading the article. These steps guarantee to help you to solve your error.
- 1 Meaning and uses of Remote Play
- 2 1: Steps to Download Remote Play into your system
- 3 Steps on How to set up your PS4 for Remote Play:
- 4 Steps for how to use Remote Play and Connect PS4 TO laptop screen.
- 5 2: Connect PS4 to device screen using HDMI and a Video capture card
- 6 3: Connecting PS4 to a Laptop via Playstation Now software
- 7 Steps to Download PS NOW software
- 8 Steps on how to use PS now
- 9 How to cancel the subscription to PS Now
- 10 Wrapping up the content:
Meaning and uses of Remote Play
What is Remote Play? Sony has launched a platform to connect your PS4 to other devices like laptops, smartphones, PCs, etc. This platform made it easy for gamers to play PS4 games without TV. It also converted PS4 into a portable gaming device for gamers.
So, gamers can carry PS4 and their laptops and play games anywhere and anytime they want. The main use of Remote Play is to connect PS4 with a laptop screen and not make it portable. It is a great idea by Sony to make stop PS4 from getting constrained to one place.
This software is a brand feature of Sony. There is also one way to keep in mind when downloading the Remote Play from the internet: its compatibility. The system on which you want to download this software, your device should fulfill the following requirements:
- Your system should be Windows 10 or 8.1 (32 bit and 64 bit both will work.)
- Intel Core i5-560M 2.67 GHz OR high
- The minimum available storage space should be 100 MB.
- 2GB RAM or higher
- The device should have a USB port.
- A sound card is a must.
- The minimum resolution of your device should be 1024 x 768.
1: Steps to Download Remote Play into your system
First of all, if you wish to connect PS4 to laptop screen, then you need to have Remote Play in your system. It is easy to download and install this software in your system if it is compatible with Remote Play. Follow the fixes mentioned below to download the Remote Play in your system.
You have to go to the official website of the Remote Play. There you will see two different options, Windows PC users and Mac user. If you are a Windows user, click on that option, and Remote Play will start downloading for your system.
Steps on How to set up your PS4 for Remote Play:
Wait for the software to get installed, and a dialog box will appear. When the installer dialog box appears, make sure that you install all required things and additional features. Click on the Next button and, at last, click on the install button. Wait for the process to terminate.
After the Remote Play software is installed, you have to set up settings in your PS4 gaming console. Turn on your PS4 gaming console and then scroll to the Settings option. Now, please search for the remote play settings option. Please search for the Enable Remote Play checkbox. This step will let your PS4 to interact with Remote Play software in your system.
After enabling the checkbox, go to Account Management from Settings and set the PS4 gaming console as your primary system. Click on the option of Activate as your Primary PS4 and then click on the activate button. For power-saving mode, you can set up some settings from the Remote Play settings. Follow the below steps:
- Go to the PS4 gaming console’s settings menu.
- Then search for Power Save Settings and click on Set Features Available in rest mode.
- Enable turning on PS4 from Network and Stay Connected to the Internet checkboxes.
After you complete all of the above fixes, your PS4 device is ready to connect to your laptop screen or PC.
Steps for how to use Remote Play and Connect PS4 TO laptop screen.
After you connect your PS4 to your laptop screen, follow these steps to know how to use Remote Play to play different games. Here are simple steps on how to start using PS4 on Remote Play:
- First, turn on the PS4 gaming console and connect your wireless controller or simple controller with your laptop.
- You can connect the controller using two methods. One is by using a DualShock USB cable, and another is by connecting the controller with a simple USB cable.
- Now, start the Remote Play software installed previously on your laptop and click on the start button.
- Enter your PS4 gaming console user account’s login credentials and enjoy playing your games on your laptop or any device you want to play.
2: Connect PS4 to device screen using HDMI and a Video capture card
If your system is not compatible with Remote Play software’s requirements, you can try to solve your issue to connect the PS4 to an e-device. The requirement list is given below to perform this fix:
- One laptop.
- One video Capture card. Video Capture card is used for playing videos from PS4 to laptop screen.
- High speed internet connection (wireless connection or wired connection or two-way connection).
- HDMI cable and port on the laptop.
- The enabled option of file sharing.
Video Capture Card
Once you have collected all the things mentioned above, follow the steps mentioned below to connect PS4 to device screen.
- First, enable the File sharing option, and for enabling that option, you have to go to the Settings menu in PS4. After that, navigate to the network settings option and go to the Internet Connection settings option. Find your internet connection and connect with it.
- Then connect the video capture card to the laptop using a USB adapter and install the software and drivers that come with the video capture card to function properly.
- Connect the video capture card with your PS4 with an S-Video connection cable. Then, connect the HDMI IN port on the video capture card and the HDMI OUT on the PS4 gaming console.
- After that, open the software of video capture on the laptop and power on the PS4. The software will search for your PS4, and it will display the PS4 screen on your laptop screen. Ensure that you run the software on a full screen to enjoy a full resolution game experience on your laptop. Video capture card is useful.
3: Connecting PS4 to a Laptop via Playstation Now software
What is Playstation Now? Playstation now is a software in which you can experience circular Playstation button Gaming console without owning one console in real. A virtual experience of Playtation Gaming Console. You will see information related to how to download, the cost, how to use it, etc.
So if you want to know the cost of the Playstation Now, here is the answer. The subscription rate of Playstation Now is $99.99 per year. It allows you to enjoy the game experience of PS2, PS3, and PS4 games without buying the console. You have to buy the services instead of a console. Below given is the list of minimum requirements for Playstation Now:
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 will work perfectly for PS Now.
- Intel Core i3 with a minimum 3.5 GHz or AMD A10 with 3.8 GHz.
- The minimum memory required is 2 GB.
- Minimum space of 300 MB.
Steps to Download PS NOW software
There are some easy and simple fixes to download PS now in your system. Follow the steps mentioned below to perform a successful download in your system.
- Please open your web browser and look for open the official website of Playstation Now.
- Please open it, and there will be one button of Download the PC app and please click on it, and it will start downloading the software in your system.
- After downloading, click on the setup file and click on the Next button until the Install button appears. Now, wait until the process completes. You will be asked to add a location for the software.
- It is advisable to keep the default address and don’t change it until needed.
- An alert box may appear two times to allow this application to make changes in your system. Allow and let the process continue. It will be installed at some time.
- The software will automatically launch when it is installed. Otherwise, you can find it from the Start menu.
Steps on how to use PS now
- After the software launching, the first screen will ask you to enter the Date of birth and region.
- Enter the correct options and click on the Submit button. Now there will be a sign-in option. Click on it.
- After this, you have to scroll to the Start a free trial option, and then you will be redirected to a browser. Select the subscription package you want to enjoy, and according to it, you will be charged once the free trial period is over.
- Now, select the option to choose a version from the left-side of the page.
- Then select the 7-day trial option and click on ok.
- After this payment process takes place and after that, you have to log in to your account of PS Now.
- Now you can enjoy the gaming experience of all play stations on one platform. Enjoy your gaming interface.
How to cancel the subscription to PS Now
You can cancel the subscription before the trial period terminates. To cancel the subscription, you have to scroll to Sony settings on your device, Account Management, Account Information, PlayStation Subscription, Select the PlayStation Now Subscription, Turn Off the Auto Renew option.
Wrapping up the content:
I want to end my piece of information about the connect PS4 to device screen issue. I hope that you will find the possible solution for your trouble through my page. We also provide many troubleshooting solutions for many technical errors. You can also look at the article related to ‘Discord No Route Error‘ for getting ideas on it.
If I get more solutions to solving this error, I will surely post it on my page. Please stay tuned with us to find the technical hacks about different topics. We promise to deliver the most accurate information to you. Happy reading.